- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans any- style green beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled buttery round crackers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Melt the 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the flour until smooth and cook for one minute.
Stir in the salt, sugar, onion, and sour cream. Add the green beans and stir to coat. Add half of the cheese and stir to coat.
Transfer the mixture to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Spread shredded cheese over the top. In a small bowl, toss together cracker crumbs and remaining butter and sprinkle over the cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden and cheese is bubbly.