- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ¼ cups thinly sliced leeks, white part only
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- ½ cup sliced carrot
- 6 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups skinless, boneless, shredded, chicken
- 1 (2-inch) fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup packed chopped fresh kale
- 1 cup packed chopped baby spinach
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Heat the oil in a stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the leeks and the garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3–4 minutes or until tender but not browned. Add the carrots and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the broth, chicken, and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, skimming occasionally.
Add the beans and the kale, and simmer for about 5 minutes more. Add the spinach, and cook for 2–3 minutes more or until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove the rosemary sprig and garlic clove. Ladle soup into 6 warm bowls; sprinkle each with ½ teaspoon parsley.