- 3 lb. boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 small Yukon potatoes, unpeeled, cut in half or quartered
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large red or yellow onion, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 5 oz. jar prepared horseradish
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 14 oz. can chicken broth
Heat oil in a large skillet and brown the roast about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned. Place vegetables and broth in the crock pot. Place browned beef on top of vegetables.
Mix together horseradish, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and spread over the beef evenly.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours until everything is tender. No stirring needed. Serve with hunks of crusty bread, like a baguette.